- A title used by rulers of the Mongol Empire and other Turkic and Persian states, and by leaders of various other countries and ethnic groups, including Russia and Georgia.
- A person who holds the title khan.
- A hotel or inn in the Middle East.
From middle english khan, from old turkic qan ("ruler, king"), from mongolian qan ("king"), from old turkic.
- In the late Middle Ages, the Golden Horde was ruled by a khan.
- Genghis Khan was one of the greatest khans in history.
- The weary travelers stopped at a roadside khan for the night.
- In ancient Persia, the title khan was held by rulers and military leaders.
- The khan was respected by all the people in his kingdom.
Some random words: emplacement, humidor, vertebral