- A young goat.
- A child.
- A young person, especially one who is inexperienced or naive.
The origin of the word "kid" is uncertain, but it is likely to have come from an old english word "cic" meaning "young goat". it was later used to refer to young people in general, particularly children.
- The farmer raised a herd of kids on his farm.
- The kids were playing in the park, chasing each other and laughing.
- She was a young kid, inexperienced and naive, but eager to learn.
- The teenager was always getting into trouble, but he was still just a kid.
- He always felt like a kid around his parents, no matter how old he got.