- A bird species native to North America, known for its distinctive call and sandy-colored plumage with two black breast bands.
- A type of plover bird that is commonly found near water and known for its distinctive call and distinctive plumage.
Killdeer is named after its distinctive call, which sounds like "kill-deer." the bird is native to north america.
- The killdeer flew over the lake, its call echoing across the water.
- The killdeer nested near the river, its two black breast bands visible in the sun.
- The killdeer's distinctive call alerted the hikers to its presence.
- The killdeer was a common sight on the shores of the lake.
- The killdeer's sandy-colored plumage blended in with the beach sand.