- The base unit of mass in the International System of Units (SI), equivalent to the mass of one liter of water.
- A unit of weight equal to 1,000 grams, used especially in the metric system.
The word "kilogram" is derived from the french word kilogramme, which was based on the greek word kilogramma, meaning "a thousand grams".
- A kilogram of sugar was needed for the recipe.
- The scale measured the weight of the package in kilograms.
- The gold bar weighed 5 kilograms.
- She converted the pounds to kilograms to compare the weight.
- The scientist measured the mass of the object in kilograms.
Some random words: knickerbockers, jib, puzzler