- A unit of frequency equal to one thousand hertz.
- A unit of measurement for the number of cycles per second of a periodic phenomenon.
The term kilohertz was derived from the combination of the si prefix 'kilo-' meaning 'one thousand' and the unit of frequency 'hertz' named after the physicist heinrich hertz.
- The radio station broadcasts at a frequency of 100 kilohertz.
- The oscilloscope displayed the waveform at a rate of 10 kilohertz.
- An audio frequency range of 20 to 20,000 kilohertz is considered to be the range of human hearing.
- The bandpass filter was designed to block signals below and above its cutoff frequency of 1 kilohertz.
- The communication signal was transmitted at a frequency of 2.4 gigahertz, or 2,400 kilohertz.