A unit of energy equivalent to one kilowatt of power used for one hour.
The word "kilowatt-hour" is a combination of the words "kilowatt" and "hour". kilowatt is a unit of power equal to 1000 watts. hour is a unit of time equal to 60 minutes. kilowatt-hour is a unit of energy equivalent to one kilowatt of power used for one hour.
- I payed my electric bill and it was $50 for 100 kilowatt-hours of energy.
- The electric car has a range of up to 100 miles per kilowatt-hour.
- The energy consumption of the building was measured in kilowatt-hours per year.
- The solar panels generate a certain number of kilowatt-hours per day.
- The wind turbine generates electricity in the form of kilowatt-hours.