A unit of power in the International System of Units (SI) that is equal to one thousand watts (1 kW = 1,000 W).
The word kilowatt is a combination of the words "kilo" meaning thousand, and "watt" which is the unit of power in the international system of units (si). a kilowatt is equal to one thousand watts.
- The electric car has a range of 200 miles per kilowatt-hour.
- He installed a new kilowatt generator to power his home.
- The electricity bill was based on the number of kilowatts used.
- The solar panels can generate up to 10 kilowatts of power per hour.
- The new air conditioning unit was rated at 5 kilowatts.