A state of balance or proper order; condition.
The word kilter is believed to be of scottish origin, it"s thought to have come from the phrase "out of kilter" which means "out of balance" or "not in proper order". it is used to describe something that is not in the correct condition or order.
- The clock was out of kilter and needed to be adjusted.
- She felt that her life was out of kilter, with too much stress and not enough rest.
- The machine was out of kilter, and it needed to be repaired.
- He felt that his work-life balance was out of kilter and he needed to make some changes.
- The economy was out of kilter, with high unemployment and slow growth.
Some random words: problematic, psychoanalyst, obsess