- Relating to or concerned with the motion of objects, especially their velocity and acceleration.
- Pertaining to the study of motion, including its causes and effects.
The word 'kinematic' comes from the greek word 'kinein' meaning 'to move'.
- The kinematic analysis of the ball's trajectory showed that it was hit with great force.
- The kinematic study of the robot's arm revealed that it was capable of making fast and precise movements.
- The kinematic equations helped the engineer to calculate the velocity and acceleration of the object.
- The kinematic motion of the car's wheels was an important factor in its handling and stability.
- The kinematic principles of motion were studied in depth in the physics class.