- A person who is the central or key figure in a group, organization, or enterprise.
- The central pin in a game of ten-pin bowling.
The word 'kingpin' is believed to have originated from the game of bowling where the central pin is called the kingpin. it has come to be used to refer to the central or key person in a group or organization.
- The kingpin of the criminal organization was finally arrested by the police.
- The kingpin of the tech industry was known for his innovative ideas and quick thinking.
- The kingpin in the game of ten-pin bowling was the most difficult pin to knock down.
- The kingpin played a crucial role in the success of the company, making key decisions and building strategic partnerships.
- The kingpin was seen as a mentor to many young entrepreneurs, sharing his wisdom and experience freely.