- The state or position of being a king.
- The qualities or characteristics associated with being a king.
Kingship is derived from the noun king and -ship, meaning the state or condition of being a king.
- The kingship was passed down from father to son for generations.
- He was not fit for kingship and the kingdom suffered.
- The kingship was in crisis as the king was unable to rule effectively.
- He was not content with his kingship and often longed for a simpler life.
- The kingship of the new king was marked by prosperity and peace.