- A set of articles or equipment needed for a particular activity or purpose.
- A set of components that can be assembled to make a machine or device.
Mid 16th century (as a term in heraldry): from middle dutch kit "young cat"; related to cat.
- The home repair kit contained all the tools necessary for the job.
- The kit for making the model airplane was complete with instructions and parts.
- The survival kit had food, water, and a first aid kit.
- She purchased a cake decorating kit to make her own custom creations.
- The band was performing with a complete drum kit, including cymbals and a bass drum.
Some random words: impersonal, levitation, pomposity