- A room or area in which food is prepared and cooked.
- The staff or department in a restaurant responsible for preparing and cooking food.
- The collection of tools, utensils, appliances, and other equipment used in cooking.
Middle english: from old northern french cuisine, from latin coquina "cooking place", feminine of coquinus "cook", from coquere "to cook".
- She was in the kitchen cooking dinner.
- The kitchen was a mess.
- He worked in the kitchen of a restaurant.
- The kitchen was fully equipped.
- She decorated the kitchen in a rustic style.