- Of or relating to a style that is considered to be in poor taste, because it is too elaborate, sentimental, or cutesy.
- Of or relating to a style or product that is cheaply made and sold, especially one that is imitative or of poor quality.
1960s: perhaps from kitsch, a term of german origin.
- The room was decorated in a kitschy style, with bright pink wallpaper and fake flowers.
- She collected kitschy souvenirs from her travels, including miniature plastic Eiffel Towers.
- The movie was criticized for its kitschy special effects and over-the-top acting.
- The gift shop was full of kitschy items, like ceramic cats and fake crystal figurines.
- He dismissed the painting as a kitschy imitation of a famous masterwork.