A mental disorder characterized by an irresistible urge to steal, often without any economic need.
Derived from the greek words "kleptes" meaning thief and "mania" meaning madness or obsession.
- He was diagnosed with kleptomania and was sent to a psychiatric facility.
- She had kleptomania and would steal things even if she had no use for them.
- His kleptomania had gotten him into trouble with the law multiple times.
- The therapist suggested therapy for her kleptomania.
- He had been struggling with kleptomania for years and had never received treatment.
Some random words: differential, methamphetamine, tarragon