A type of short pants that end just below the knee and are worn, especially by men and boys, for sports or leisure activities.
Derived from the name "knickerbocker" - a nickname for the descendants of the original dutch settlers in new york.
- He was wearing a pair of knickerbockers and a white shirt.
- The boys wore knickerbockers and knee-high socks to play cricket.
- She was wearing a pair of knickerbockers and a blazer.
- The tennis players were wearing knickerbockers.
- In the old days, knickerbockers were worn by children.