A small ornament or trinket; a decorative item of little value or practical use.
From the word knick-knack, which is a reduplicated form of knack, which means an ornament or trinket.
- She had a shelf full of knickknacks that she had collected over the years.
- The store had a wide variety of knickknacks, from keychains to figurines.
- I don't need any more knickknacks, I already have too many.
- He bought her a knickknack as a souvenir of their trip.
- The knickknack was a beautiful piece of craftsmanship, despite its small size.