- A mounted warrior in former times, typically one of noble birth trained to arms and chivalry; a member of the nobility.
- A person awarded a non-hereditary title by a sovereign in recognition of merit.
Old english cniht "boy, servant", of germanic origin; related to dutch knecht and german knecht.
- King Arthur and his knights of the Round Table.
- Sir Lancelot was one of the bravest knights in the kingdom.
- He was made a knight in the Queen's Birthday Honours List.
- Knights wore a suit of armor and rode horses into battle.
- The knight used his sword to defend the kingdom against invaders.