A small, round pastry filled with mashed potatoes, meat, sauerkraut, or cheese, typically served as a snack or appetizer.
Yiddish word, originates from east slavic word "knedly" or "knysh".
- The knish was a staple at Jewish delis and street vendors in New York City.
- I love the savory filling in the knish, it's such a comforting food.
- The knish has a crispy crust and a soft filling, it's a perfect combination.
- I always grab a knish when I"m at the street fair, it"s the perfect snack.
- The knish is a traditional Ashkenazi Jewish dish, often served on Jewish holidays.
Some random words: flattery, chive, self-improvement