- A rounded projection or protuberance, especially one used for grasping.
- A round handle for turning or opening a door or drawer.
Middle english, from old english cnæb; akin to old high german knopf knob.
- I opened the door with a twist of the doorknob.
- The knobs on the old dresser were made of brass.
- The chef adjusted the heat on the stove using a knob.
- The stereo volume was controlled by a large knob.
- The ancient temple door had a bronze knob shaped like a snake.
Some random words: reticulated, tart, foxtrot