- Practical knowledge and skills in a particular field or activity.
- The ability to do something that comes from knowledge and experience.
Early 20th century: from know (verb) + how (adverb).
- He has a lot of know-how when it comes to building websites.
- I don't have the know-how to fix this car.
- The company has the know-how to produce the product.
- He has a lot of know-how in the field of engineering.
- The company's know-how is their competitive advantage.
Some random words: happenstance, tactile, truism