- Facts, information, and skills acquired by a person through experience or education; the theoretical or practical understanding of a subject.
- Awareness or familiarity gained by experience of a fact or situation.
- The body of truth, information, and principles acquired by mankind.
Middle english: from old english cnāwleð, from cnāwan "to know" + -leð "-ness".
- He has a vast knowledge of music.
- She has knowledge of the subject.
- He acquired knowledge from his studies.
- Her knowledge of the subject impressed us.
- He has a lot of knowledge about cars.