- A pattern of small ridges or grooves on a surface, used to increase grip or as a decorative element.
- A series of ridges or rough textures on a surface that increase friction.
The origin of the word knurl is uncertain, but it refers to a pattern of raised lines or ridges on a surface.
- The knurl on the edge of the coin made it easy to grip.
- The knurl on the screwdriver handle provided a better grip for tightening screws.
- The knurl pattern on the metal ring added an interesting decorative element.
- The knurl on the bottom of the glass prevented it from sliding on the table.
- The knurl on the steering wheel made it easier to control the car.