A marsupial mammal native to eastern and southern Australia, known for its thick fur and its diet of eucalyptus leaves.
From the word "gula" which is the word used by the dharug people, indigenous australians of the area where the animal is found, to name the animal.
- He saw a koala sleeping in the eucalyptus tree.
- Koalas are known for their sleepy and relaxed behaviour.
- The koala's diet mostly consists of eucalyptus leaves.
- Koalas are marsupials and carry their young in a pouch.
- Koalas have thick fur to keep them warm in the wild.