A small square of cloth worn tied around the neck, typically as a fashion accessory or as part of a uniform.
From the word "neck" and "handkerchief".
- He wore a red and white striped neckerchief with his sailor outfit.
- She tied a colorful neckerchief around her neck to complete her outfit.
- The scout wore a green neckerchief as part of his uniform.
- The neckerchief was a popular fashion accessory for men in the 1970s.
- The neckerchief was used as a way to keep the dust out of his nose and mouth.