- A program on television or radio in which news stories are reported.
- A broadcast of news and current events.
Newscast, from news + cast, first recorded in the early 20th century.
- I always watch the evening newscast to catch up on the day's events.
- He listened to the newscast on the radio while driving to work.
- The newscast covered local, national, and international news.
- The newscast included a weather forecast and sports update.
- He anchor of the newscast read the headlines and introduced the stories.