A small wooden cup, mug, or jug; a small quantity of an alcoholic beverage.
The word noggin is derived from the middle english word "nogoun" meaning "a small wooden cup" or "a small measure of alcohol".
- He poured himself a noggin of whiskey before sitting down to relax.
- She served the hot chocolate in a noggin, it was perfect for the cold weather.
- The noggin was a traditional container for alcohol, it was typically made of wood.
- The noggin was a popular drinking vessel in medieval Europe.
- The noggin was passed around for everyone to take a sip of the hot toddy.