The abstention from initiating hostilities or acts of aggression.
The word nonaggression is composed of the prefix "non-" meaning "not" or "the absence of" and the noun "aggression" meaning "the act of initiating hostilities or invasion".
- The two countries signed a treaty of nonaggression, pledging not to attack each other.
- The nonaggression pact helped to maintain peace between the two nations.
- The principle of nonaggression is an important aspect of international relations.
- The nonaggression pact was violated when one country invaded the other.
- The nonaggression pact was a key element of the Cold War-era diplomacy.