Not tending to cause corrosion or eating away by chemical action.
Derived from the prefix "non-" meaning "not" or "without" and "corrosive" meaning tending to cause corrosion or eating away by chemical action.
- The noncorrosive materials used in the construction of the bridge ensured its longevity.
- A noncorrosive metal will not rust.
- Noncorrosive cleaning agents are safe to use on most surfaces.
- The noncorrosive nature of the product makes it suitable for use in marine environments.
- The noncorrosive properties of the coating will protect the metal from rusting.