Having a surface that is designed to prevent slipping or sliding.
Derived from non- (meaning 'not') and skid (meaning 'to slip or slide').
- The nonskid flooring was installed in the bathroom to prevent accidents.
- The nonskid shoes had special soles for traction on wet surfaces.
- The nonskid material was added to the steps to make them safer.
- The nonskid surface was required on all decks of the ship.
- The nonskid pads were placed under rugs to keep them in place.
Some random words: tyro, instinctual, defamation