Not relating to the structure or framework of a building or object.
Derived from non- (meaning 'not') and structural (meaning 'relating to the structure or framework of a building or object').
- The nonstructural walls were added for interior partitioning.
- The nonstructural elements were not load-bearing and could be removed.
- The nonstructural modifications were made to improve the interior design.
- The nonstructural repairs were not necessary for the stability of the building.
- The nonstructural upgrades were optional for energy efficiency.