A stupid or foolish person.
Of uncertain origin, first recorded in the late 16th century. it may have derived from the word "numbskull", which was used to describe a person who was thought to have a thick skull or a dull mind.
- He"s such a numskull, he can"t even tie his own shoelaces.
- Don"t trust him, he"s a numskull and he"ll only make things worse.
- I can"t believe I"m stuck working with this numskull.
- The numskull didn't understand the instructions.
- I'm not going to explain it to you again, you numskull.
Some random words: cataclysmic, thresh, salable