A doctor who specializes in the treatment of cancer.
The word 'oncologist' comes from the greek word 'onkos' which means 'tumor' and the greek word 'logia' which means 'the study of.'.
- The oncologist recommended chemotherapy to treat the patient's cancer.
- Many patients seek out oncologists for the latest in cancer treatment and research.
- The oncologist works closely with other medical professionals to provide the best care for cancer patients.
- The oncologist's office was equipped with the latest technology for diagnosing and treating cancer.
- Oncologists often work with patients and their families to develop a treatment plan and provide support.