- An intellectual and cultural movement that emerged in the mid-20th century as a reaction to the perceived limitations of modernism. It is characterized by a questioning of the grand narratives and ideologies of the past and a focus on the local and the particular, as well as a rejection of the idea of objective truth.
- A style of art, architecture, literature, and cultural production that emerged in the 1960s and 1970s and is characterized by a self-consciousness about style, a playfulness with conventions, and a mixing of high and low culture.
The word postmodernism is a combination of the word post, meaning after, and modernism, which refers to a specific cultural and intellectual movement that emerged in the early 20th century. the term postmodernism has been in use since the 1940s.
- Postmodernism has been a major influence on contemporary art and literature.
- The building's design is a great example of postmodern architecture.
- He believes that postmodernism is a nihilistic movement that denies the existence of truth.
- The author's postmodernist approach to narrative is evident in the novel.
- Postmodernism is a movement that emphasizes the importance of context and perspective.