- The way in which a word or language is pronounced.
- The manner in which a person speaks a word or language.
- The phonetic equivalent of a word or language.
The word pronunciation comes from the latin word pronuntiatio, meaning "the act of declaring or announcing" and it has been in use since the 16th century.
- The pronunciation of this word is tricky.
- He has a strong accent which affects his pronunciation.
- The pronunciation guide in the dictionary will help you say the word correctly.
- The correct pronunciation of the name is "Smith".
- The pronunciation of this word is different in British and American English.
Some random words: profess, irretrievable, flimsy