- A figure with four sides and four angles.
- A four-sided area surrounded by buildings, especially a courtyard.
- A flat-topped mountain peak with four steep sides.
Late middle english: from old french, from quadri- "four" + -angle "angle".
- The quadrangle of the castle was surrounded by battlements and towers.
- The students used the quadrangle as a place to relax and study.
- The climbers had to cross a dangerous and exposed quadrangle to reach the summit.
- The mathematical concept of a quadrangle is used in geometry to describe a shape with four sides.
- The aerial view of the quadrangle showed its perfect geometric symmetry.