- One of four equal parts of a plane or spherical surface that is divided by two perpendicular lines or planes.
- A device used to measure angles in navigation or surveying.
Derived from latin word "quadrans" meaning "quarter".
- The city is located in the northwest quadrant of the state.
- The graph was divided into four quadrants.
- The quadrant was used to measure the angle of the sun.
- The quadrant is an important tool in navigation.
- He used the quadrant to take the altitude of the star.
Some random words: afield, pornography, pastoral