A set of four children born to the same mother at the same birth.
From french quadruplet, from italian quadruplo "fourfold", from latin quadruplus "four times as much".
- The quadruplets were a source of amazement for the entire town, as it was a rare occurrence.
- The quadruplets were identical, making it difficult to tell them apart.
- The quadruplets were a handful for their parents, requiring twice the work and attention of a normal baby.
- The quadruplets were a blessing for their parents, who had been trying to have children for many years.
- The quadruplets were a marvel of modern medicine, as their premature birth was made possible by advances in medical technology.