(As a noun)
Qualifier ( noun )
- A word, phrase, or clause that limits or modifies the meaning of another word or phrase.
- A person or thing that meets the necessary qualifications or conditions for a particular purpose.
From the verb qualify + -er.
- The adjective "some" is a qualifier in the phrase "some books".
- The qualifier for the competition was held last week.
- He added a few qualifiers to his statement to clarify his meaning.
- The qualifier was based on a test of knowledge.
- The qualifier for the tournament was a grueling three-day event.
(As a verb)
Qualifier ( verb )
- To limit or modify the meaning of a word or phrase.
- To meet the necessary qualifications or conditions for a particular purpose.
From the noun qualifier.
- He qualified his statement with a few exceptions.
- She qualified for the final round of the competition.
- He qualified his statement by saying it was only his opinion.
- She qualified for the Olympics by breaking the national record.
- The team qualified for the world cup by winning the match.
Some random words: tropic, sweptback, perspicacious