The act of determining the quantity or amount of something.
Early 20th century: from quantification, from quantifiable, from quantificate, from quantifier, from quantify.
- Quantification of financial assets and liabilities is an important aspect of accounting and financial management.
- The process of quantification involves assigning numerical values to variables and measuring their relationships.
- Quantification helps researchers and analysts make sense of complex data and draw meaningful conclusions.
- In chemistry, quantification refers to the measurement of the amount of a substance in a sample.
- Quantification is essential for many scientific, engineering, and commercial applications, from medicine to economics.