- A word or symbol that indicates the quantity of something, such as 'some' or 'all' in mathematical logic and linguistics.
- A device or system that measures the amount of something.
- An expression that refers to the quantity of a variable in mathematical logic and linguistics.
Late 19th century: from quantify + -er.
- In mathematical logic, quantifiers are used to express the number of elements in a set.
- The quantifier in this sentence is 'all', referring to every member of the set.
- The use of quantifiers allows for more precise statements in mathematical logic and linguistics.
- A quantifier is a fundamental concept in mathematical logic and set theory.
- Quantifiers are used to specify the scope and extent of a logical statement.