- A type of elementary particle that is considered to be a building block of matter and constitutes the basic constituents of protons and neutrons in the nucleus of an atom.
- A type of cheese that is smooth, creamy and spreadable.
The word 'quark' was proposed by physicist murray gell-mann and derived from the phrase 'three quarks for muster mark' in james joyce's novel 'finnegans wake'.
- Quarks interact with one another through the strong nuclear force and are never observed in isolation.
- Quarks are often used as a filler in many different recipes.
- Quark cheese is a staple in many German dishes, particularly in quark spätzle and quark dumplings.
- The discovery of the charm quark in the 1970s confirmed the existence of multiple types of quarks.
- Quark theory, which describes the interactions between quarks, is an important part of our understanding of the fundamental structure of matter.