- A long staff or stick used as a weapon in medieval times.
- A staff or stick that is about six feet in length and that was used as a weapon in medieval times.
Late middle english (denoting a staff carried by a quartermaster in the army): from quarter + staff.
- The quarterstaff was a common weapon used by peasants in medieval times.
- The quarterstaff was often made of oak or ash wood and was easy to manufacture.
- Skilled fighters could wield a quarterstaff with great speed and power.
- The quarterstaff was also used for walking and as a tool for farm work.
- The quarterstaff was considered a versatile weapon and was used in a variety of different combat styles.