- A hard mineral consisting of silicon dioxide, found in many types of rock and used in many types of industry, such as glass and ceramics manufacturing and as a semiconductor in electronic devices.
- A timepiece that uses a quartz crystal oscillator to keep time.
The word "quartz" comes from the german word "quarz" which in turn is derived from the slavic word "kwardy" meaning hard. quartz is a hard mineral composed of silicon dioxide.
- Quartz is one of the most common minerals on Earth, found in granite, sandstone, and many other types of rock.
- Quartz is used in the manufacturing of glass, ceramics and semiconductors.
- Quartz watches are known for their accuracy and durability.
- Quartz is also used in the production of abrasives and as a gemstone.
- He was fascinated by the large quartz crystals that he found in the cave.
Some random words: convalescent, amerindian, survival