- Seemingly; apparently but not really.
- Partially; resembling but not fully.
From latin quasi (as if, as though).
- The study used a quasi-experimental design to assess the effectiveness of the treatment.
- The novel is a quasi-biography of the author, featuring fictionalized accounts of his life.
- The movie is a quasi-sequel to the original, with some of the same characters and a similar storyline.
- The company's product is a quasi-imitation of the leading brand, with some minor differences in quality and design.
- The artist's style is a quasi-abstract expressionism, combining elements of both styles in a unique way.
Some random words: provisional, beg, musicologist