- Shaky, tremulous, or unsteady.
- Characterized by a quivering or vibratory quality.
The word quavery comes from the verb "quaver" meaning to shake or tremble. it refers to something that is shaky, tremulous, or unsteady.
- His voice was quavery with emotion.
- The quavery sound of the violin filled the concert hall.
- Her hands were quavery as she tried to steady them.
- The quavery image on the screen was caused by a loose cable.
- The quavery notes of the piano made it difficult to follow the melody.