- The side or edge of a quay or wharf.
- A place along a quay or wharf where ships can load or unload.
Mid 17th century: from quay + -side.
- The quayside was bustling with activity as goods were being loaded and unloaded from the ships.
- The quayside was lined with warehouses and storage facilities.
- The quayside offered a beautiful view of the harbor and the city skyline.
- The quayside was a popular place for fishing, strolling, and picnicking.
- The quayside was the center of the city's maritime commerce and trade.