Calcium oxide, a white caustic substance produced by heating limestone and used in making cement and lime wash.
From old english cwiclime, from cwic (alive) + lime (stone).
- Quicklime is a chemical compound used in construction.
- Quicklime is also used to purify water and in the production of sugar.
- The quicklime reacts violently with water, releasing heat and creating calcium hydroxide.
- Quicklime is used to remove impurities in the steel-making process.
- The farmer spread quicklime on the fields to neutralize the acidity of the soil.
Some random words: silicate, miscalculation, grump