- Death or the end of something.
- A settlement of a debt or obligation.
The word quietus comes from the latin word "quiētus" meaning a release or relief from something. it can refer to death or the end of something, or a settlement of a debt or obligation.
- The disease finally brought him to his quietus.
- The company's financial troubles were put to quietus with the merger.
- He had always feared a quietus by his own hand.
- The quietus of the relationship came as a surprise to both of them.
- The quietus of the old regime was marked by a series of uprisings.