- A large, stiff feather used as a writing implement before the invention of the fountain pen.
- A hollow tubular feather used as a writing implement in ancient times.
Middle english: from old norse kvǫllr; related to middle low german quelle 'spring, well'.
- She wrote her letter with a quill, dipping it into the ink pot every few words.
- The quill was a common writing implement in the days before the ballpoint pen.
- The author used a quill to write the first draft of his novel, before typing it on a computer.
- The poet carefully selected the right quill for his work, choosing one with a fine tip for intricate details.
- The quill was made from the primary flight feathers of a large bird, such as a goose or a swan.
Some random words: burglary, sandpaper, clothesline